The number of online job advertisements grew by 1.3 per cent in March and by 14.2 per cent over the year, according to the latest Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) Jobs Online report.
Nita Zodgekar from the MBIE says the growth was spread across all skill levels and occupation groups with the strongest growth in skilled jobs.
- Skilled jobs up 1.5%
- Highly skilled jobs up 1.3%
- Unskilled jobs up 1.3%
Other interesting takeaways from the report were:
- The largest monthly increases were technicians, trade workers and sales
- Job vacancies increased in most industries over the month
- The biggest contributors were hospitality and tourism and sales, retail, marketing and advertising
- Growth was also spread across all ten regions
- Vacancies grew most strongly in Nelson/Tasman/Marlborough/West Coast and Otago/Southland
Subscribe to our DIY Recruitment Toolkit, with all the legally compliant paperwork you need to manage the recruitment, selection and engagement of your employees.